8/02/2006

8/2/06

5:45 AM
A strange day yesterday. It was still hot, and things were pretty routine at work. About 1, the electric company called, and we shut almost everything off. Just the hottest jobs ran, and most everyone went home, we kept a skeleton crew. See we participate in a voluntary program where if there's excessive load, they call and we shut stuff down to free up power for the grid. It's been 7 years since we've done it, so usage must have been really high yesterday. Made for a stroke afternoon. We pretty much screwed the pooch, so to speak.

Lori, I and Ruth had a lengthy conversation last night about a variety of subjects. Lori and I are just so thankful to have Ruth as a friend. As I have been telling Ruth, there is no way I can ever thank her enough for what she's doing. She says the only thanks she needs is for me to "pass it on" when the time comes. If that is what she wants, then I will do my best to do just that. The woman has been a angel in our lives, and that's the least I can do.

It's supposed to be hot again today, but I need to do a few things anyway. My lawn desperately needs mowing, but I need to fix the lawnmower first. There's no rest for the wicked. I'm sure I'll think of some more later, so until then, aloha!

6:15 PM
Just got done eating, and am just sitting here vegging out. I fixed the lawn mower that I broke the other day. So I mowed the lawn, because I don't think I'll have time tomorrow. Lori and I are supposed to meet for lunch tomorrow and continue our discussions. It should be interesting. In the interests of privacy, I'll refrain from saying when and where.

My dad had to go for some tests today, and has to go again tomorrow. His kidneys stones may have redeveloped, but the doctor's pretty upbeat and says there should be no problems.

That's all I can think of for now. Lori's going out with the girls from work tonight, so I'm half-expecting a phone call later tonight. We'll see if I'm right.
Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

a - z LYRICS

Powered by Blogger