3/21/2006

Stuff....


Mom dropped off a little file container of stuff I had written Lori early in our relationship. One was a poem, I didn't write it, but wrote it down because I liked it. I'll put it in here because it kind of sums up ME at this point.
Dark and dirty
Like you have never seen
A mind so twisted
With thoughts so unclean
My heart is racing
All tattered and torn
I stand here naked
as the day I was born
The sky is falling
On this setting sun
Echoes of silence
Ring loud and long
This isolation
is the king of pain
A lost horizon
in an ocean of flames

I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th piece of paper before I had to put it away. The kicker, and there's always a kicker, was that I picked up the lyrics to "Bed of Roses". I put the whole thing in the closet and sat in my chair and cried. Ouch! I'll get it out again, when I think I can deal with the flood of emotions it's sure to bring!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may sound sadistic, but it is not... it is said with the utmost care and concern... I am happy for you that you are able to feel. It is a precious commodity that so many do any one of a million unhealthy things to avoid. Grieving sucks.... and is wonderfully cathartic. The line between wallowing and grieving is thin but very real. I need to rely on the God of my understanding to stay on the healthy side of that line. Maybe it will be that way for you too.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

a - z LYRICS

Powered by Blogger