4/02/2006

A Different View...

As you may or may not know, anything I write is simply my perceptions of events. And, as with any conflict, there are different ways to look at the situation. I got a phone call from Lori today. She was upset, saying that what I had written made her look like a "bitch". I tried to point out that this was not my intention, but I simply wrote down what I was feeling at the time. And she, quite rightly, pointed out that some of the things I perceived from her I was guilty of myself. The "snarky" tone of voice, the withdrawal of attention and affection. Most of what I said she was, I was, too. I'll admit I too, was guilty. I just thought I should set the record straight on this matter . I never have thought she was bitch. I am done focusing on the negative here. From now on, I want to focus on the reasons I fell in love with her in the first place, and why am still in love with her. You know, after she left, I asked myself whether I really did, and I came to the conclusion that I do. I know it's not logical, but who said love is logical. I realize that a lot of what I've written has been me trying to sort things out, but I believe now it's time to tell her how I'm feeling now. That I am not he same man she left, that I'm more focused and determined than before to make a joyous future for her and I. I need to let her know that. I don't expect instant results, but just want her to know that my attention is entirely refocused on her. I forgot that for awhile. I know that there is hard work ahead. She knows me, but doesn't really "know" me. I'd like to change that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

a - z LYRICS

Powered by Blogger