7/16/2006

Finally..a cycling post!


You know it occured to me, that with all the cycling links on my sidebar, and having listing mountain biking as one of the things I enjoy, I've never even written a post about my cycling. Hmmmm.

I try to ride between 5 and 10 miles everyday when it's warm. I got up this morning and did 5, and decided to call it because it was just starting to get get a might warm.(See yesterday's audio post) When I starting riding again in '98, 5 miles was a long way. Now I can do 5 miles in 20 minutes, 15 if I push it. I love the feeling of freedom and closeness with the outdoors that I feel when I on the bike. Plus the fact that at my age, it's something I can do without tearing the shit out of my knees.

I quit riding years ago because the crop of bikes then was uncomfortable, and frankly, I didn't have the ambition. Today's bikes are light-years beyond those bikes. I urge anyone with a hankering to start riding again to check them out. And always remember this, you get what you pay for. Sure you could get a bike for $100 at Wal-Mart, but believe me, the above adage applies. The things I've seen coming out of there. That's another post altogether. My former bike guy,Todd, has an excellent little editorial on his website. I also feel compelled to give Todd a free plug here. He's the one who sold me my current ride. He doesn't do the retail thing anymore, but check out his stuff on my sidebar,Tullio's Big Dog Cyclery, and Heron Bicycles. Ride safe and far!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

a - z LYRICS

Powered by Blogger